We are currently in the ER at BCCH about to head home. We’ve had a long, tiring 10 days! We had hoped Nico would bounce back from his IRIN chemo last week but he seemed to have some delayed side effects. On Monday, Nico had a planning CT scan at the BC Cancer Agency in […]Read More Week 5 Update
On Tuesday this week we made our way back to the hospital to see if Nico’s neutrophil levels were high enough to begin his next cycle of treatment. His levels had indeed come up to .87 which was over the .75 level the docs want to see before proceeding with chemo. We were excited to […]Read More Week 4
Well, I may have spoken too soon! Nico came down with a fever this morning. A fever automatically triggers a trip to the hospital for Nico because they have to rule out a bacterial infection. Thankfully, this time around it was during business hours and we were able to just go to the outpatient clinic […]Read More Fever and Flu
This past Monday was supposed to start week 4, cycle 2 of Nico’s treatment. Before they administer any chemo, blood work is done and certain blood levels are checked to make sure his body is strong enough to receive the chemotherapy safely. (Isn’t it ironic to use the word safely and chemo together?) Surprisingly, his […]Read More Delays
In 2010, Nick and I made some pretty significant changes in our lives. Through providence, we learned about health and how our physical health is intricately intertwined with our spiritual and emotional health. We took in the information and with much prayer we made decided changes that we implemented and continue to practice to this […]Read More Rhabdomyosar… what?